Laser hair removal is one of the most popular treatments worldwide for unwanted hair removal. This innovative technology involves using a concentrated beam of light which destroys the hair follicles and thus prevents them from growing.
It is a painless, effective, easy, and comfortable way to get the smooth skin you crave. Having known this, one of the most important questions arising in most minds is how much time and sessions will be needed to achieve the desired results? It is not that simple to answer as many factors work together in achieving the said outcomes.
Let us dig deep into this and try to understand how the process of Laser hair removal works and the time duration needed for it to show the promised results.
Table Of Content:-
- How does the laser hair removal procedure work?
- How many sessions do you need to complete the laser hair removal process?
- What is the wait time between laser sessions?
- When can I expect to see the results of the treatment?
- Is laser a permanent hair removal option?
- What is the cost?
- Which is the best clinic for the treatment?
1. How does the laser hair removal procedure work?
- Laser hair removal works by focusing a concentrated beam of light on the area where the hair needs to be removed.
- The pigment in the hair follicles (Melanin) absorbs light and produces heat, destroying the hair follicles and preventing their regrowth.
- This occurs effectively when the hair is in a growing phase. Therefore, since multiple hairs are at different stages during different times, multiple sessions have to be planned accordingly to ensure targeting maximum hair during the growth phase until all the hair is treated.
- Laser hair removal can be performed in almost all areas of your body. Smaller areas like upper lips take just a few minutes, while larger areas like legs or back may take around an hour for a single session.
2. How many sessions do you need to complete the laser hair removal procedure?
Each person is different, and the body, including hair, reacts differently for each; therefore, there is no single answer to this question as the number of sessions required will be assessed by your doctor, and it depends on various factors like:
- Location of the treatment area and skin tone: The smaller and easily accessible areas will take lesser time, while larger and difficult-to-reach regions like thighs, etc., will take more time for the treatment. The treatment is at its best when light skin has black hair.
- The coarseness of your hair: The course the hair, the more time will be needed to remove them.
- Color of hair: Darker black hair is easily removed and takes less time, as the color pigment melanin absorbs the laser.
- Type of laser treatment: Different laser hair removal treatments take different times to complete. E.g., IPL (Intense Pulsating Light) hair removal technique is a type of laser treatment that emits light of multiple wavelengths and thus is a quicker method for hair removal.
- Any hormonal changes with age: Hormonal changes affect hair growth; therefore, they will thus affect the number of sittings needed for laser hair removal.
Usually, it takes around 6- 12 sessions for a successful laser hair removal treatment to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. Your dermatologist will be able to give you a fair idea of the sessions you may require for the treatment.
3. What is the wait time between laser hair removal sessions?
The wait time between the laser sessions usually is 4-6 weeks, and it is imperative to follow your doctor’s instructions closely when scheduling your subsequent sessions. This is because these sessions are designed in such a way that the damage to the hair follicles increases in every session. So disturbing this time frame by having treatment sessions too soon or too late may make it more difficult to achieve your goal.
4. When can I expect to see the results of the laser hair removal treatment?
You will start experiencing the results of the laser treatment after 2-3 sessions, when your hair growth will be much thinner and lesser, and after 3-4 sessions, the growth process slows down to a great extent giving you a smoother, clearer skin. After the treatment is complete, you will be able to enjoy almost nil hair growth for at least 6 months or a year or two, varying from each individual. If mild hair growth appears after this time, occasional maintenance sessions may be needed once or twice a year to maintain your results. The most exciting news is that you will never need to wax, shave, pluck, or use hair removal creams in that area again.
5. Is laser a permanent hair removal treatment?
The laser hair removal process is very efficient for eliminating unwanted hair. Still, it cannot be said to be permanent as some hair may start appearing after months or years of completion of the treatment. Having said this, you can make the laser hair removal permanent by taking touch-up sessions in a year or two as needed and recommended by your dermatologist.
6. What is the laser hair removal cost?
The laser hair removal treatment cost varies across different areas and depends upon factors like:
- Doctor’s credentials: The more qualified and experienced doctors will charge a little more and provide quality outcomes.
- The extent of the treatment area: The larger the area to be treated, the more the cost will be.
- The number of sessions needed: Each session has its cost, so the more the number of sessions, the more will be the cost.
- Clinic’s location: The cost differs depending upon the location of the clinic.
- The technology used: The clinics using modern technology and the latest equipment will charge more but with better and quicker results and minimal discomfort and side effects.
- Other additional charges: Medication charges, etc., will add to the total laser hair removal procedure cost.
The average laser hair removal treatment cost varies between INR 1,800 – INR25,000 per session depending on the area involved. Approach us for the best
It is quite reasonable when we weigh the cost-to-benefit ratio and its long-term benefits and proves to be a lifelong investment.
7. Which is the best clinic for laser hair removal treatment?
Visit Desmoderm, one of the top skin and laser clinics in Delhi that aims to deliver quality health care services with the latest and most modern technology in the field of dermatology. Dr. Ranjan Upadhyay, who is highly qualified and widely experienced in this field, assures you of the best clinical outcomes with minimal side effects in a most comfortable environment at affordable costs.
Read More: –