PRP hair treatment in delhi is done by an expert doctor to accelerate hair growth and is the most popular method of restoring hair growth. You should understand platelets to understand the PRP treatment for hair more clearly. Platelets are a vital component of blood, along with white blood cells and red blood cells. When an individual sustains a cut or wound, platelets are first responders and help to stop bleeding and promote healing.
PRP for hair is a three-step method that separates concentrated plasma and nutrients from blood after processing and injects them into the scalp areas most severely affected by hair loss. It is ideally suited for those who experience hair loss at an early age. It is also suitable for those who experience male or female baldness patterns.
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP hair treatment is a three-step treatment for hair loss where the affected individual’s blood is drawn, processed, and injected into the scalp. This PRP treatment for hair process helps trigger the natural growth of hair by enhancing the supply of blood to the hair follicles and increasing the thickness of the hair shaft.
On the other hand, FUE hair transplant or follicular unit extraction hair transplant is a method in which individual hair follicles are taken from the skin of the affected individuals and implanted onto the scalp or other areas where hairs are thin or absent. So, let us delve a bit deeper into the topic for a comparative study of PRP for hair treatment vs. FUE hair transplant.
PRP for hair Complete Procedure
PRP for hair is a procedure that involves three steps and requires 4-6 sittings spaced a month apart . The steps involved are :
- During the PRP hair treatment doctor draws blood from the vein and placed in special kits and then into a centrifuge. It is a machine that separates different fluids.
- After 15 minutes, the machine separates the blood into three layers: red blood cells, PRP, and platelet-poor plasma.
- The next step is to draw up the separated PRP into a syringe and then inject it into the scalp area that needs to increase hair growth.
However now a days we are also using GFC therapy ( Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy) , this is a type of advanced PRP procedure . In this technique special GFC kits are used . The extracted blood is placed into special kits ( test tubes) and the essential growth factors are activated and extracted from the prp . This is then centrifuges and eventually growth factor enriched PRP is then injected into the affected area . This form of advanced prp is around 30% more effective than the basic PRP technique. This is considered the most effective, minimally invasive, safe, and cost-effective way to reverse the effects of hair fall and boost hair growth.
PRP hair treatment – cost and success rate
PRP hair treatment is well known for hair fall control, and its cost differs from patient to patient. The variation in cost is because of many factors like the severity of a hair fall, the number of sittings required, treatment location, and the package chosen. The success rate of PRP therapy in India is about 85 to 95 percent, and the session; lasts for an hour and is usually performed in a gap of a month or two months.
FUE Hair Transplant Complete Procedure
FUE hair transplant method involves taking out hair follicles individually from the skin and implanting them onto the scalp or other areas where hairs are less or thin. This would make the hair in the new area appear thicker, thereby helping to deal with hair loss or hair thinning problems.
The Procedure of FUE Hair Transplant
Let us understand how the FUE hair transplant procedure works.
- The surgeon starts with shaving the hair from the donor area from where the hair follicles are taken for transplantation.
- In the next step, the hair follicles are transferred to the recipient area.
- With the help of a micro punch tool, the surgeons remove the hair follicle from the skin.
- Then the surgeons make an array of very small entry points with the help of a needle in the recipient area where the extracted follicles would be inserted.
- In the next step, the extracted follicles are inserted into the small spaces ( entry points ).
- Finally, the surgeons would clean and bandage the area where hair was taken for healing and recovery.
When is it used?
FUE hair transplant is mainly used in the following conditions.
- Scarring hair loss
- Patchy hair loss
- Pattern hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Losses of beard, mustache, and eyebrow
What is PRP Hair Therapy?
Hair PRP therapy is a three-step procedure in which blood is taken from the affected individuals, processed, and injected into the scalp. It is a treatment procedure that helps to deal with hair loss by triggering natural hair growth and increased thickness of the hair shaft.
The Procedure of PRP Hair Therapy
PRP hair therapy is a three-step procedure and requires about three sittings four to six weeks apart. Moreover, maintenance treatments are necessary every four to six months. Let us learn the three steps involved in the PRP for hair loss therapy.
- Step 1 – During the plasma hair treatment the surgeon usually draws blood from the arm into specially designed nutrient enriched test tubes and puts the same into a centrifuge machine for separating fluids of different densities.
- Step 2 – After about ten minutes in the machine, the blood gets separated into three different layers that are platelet-rich plasma, platelet-poor plasma, and red blood cells.
- Step 3 – In this step, the platelet-rich blood is drawn into a syringe by the surgeons, activated with special solutions, and then injected into the areas of the scalp where increased hair growth is needed.
When is it used?
PRP therapy for hair is ideally suited for those who are experiencing hair loss, especially at an early age. The method is also suitable for individuals experiencing male or female baldness patterns.
PRP Hair Therapy vs. FUE Hair Transplant
Let us do a comparative study of PRP hair therapy vs. FUE hair transplant for a better understanding.
Similarities Between PRP Hair Therapy and FUE Hair Transplant
- Helps in the natural growth of hair without the use of drugs
- Requires active hair follicles for carrying out the procedure
- Both methods are safe with very few side effects
- Needs to be carried out by qualified and trained surgeons
- Both methods depend on hair’s natural growth cycle and need time for visible results
- The methods can deliver completely natural-looking results
Differences Between PRP Hair Therapy and FUE Hair Transplant
- PRP therapy is minimally invasive since it used shallow injections but FUE requires very small incisions
- PRP therapy stimulates the hair follicles where they are but FUE redistributes the active hair follicles
- The results of PRP therapy are more subtle but FUE can bring about a dramatic change to the individual’s appearance
- PRP therapy involves lesser time/ aftercare as compared to FUE hair transplant
- Almost everyone can opt for PRP therapy who wish to boost scalp health and improve the hair but FUE cannot be opted for by everyone
- PRP therapy costs less but FUE requires a considerable amount of investment
PRP therapy takes about less than two hours and has no downtime but requires three treatments four to six weeks apart. In addition to this, maintenance treatments are necessary every four to six months. On the other hand, FUE requires at least 3-4 days off in most of the cases and takes two to six-hour sessions depending on the number of grafts to be placed.
PRP comes with very few risks since the blood is derived from the individual’s own body and the process does not require incisions. But FUE has some risks associated with it like infection, failed grafts, scarring, swelling at the site, bleeding at the site, and others however with trained surgeons and proper aftercare, the chances of side effects are almost nil.
Who is the Ideal Candidate?
Almost everyone experiencing hair loss with intact hair follicles is a suitable candidate for PRP hair treatment. Anyone planning to bring about an improvement in the health of the scalp or boost hair health can opt for PPR therapy.
For FUE hair transplant, the surgeons consider the following factors to select the ideal candidate.
- Age should be between 25 to 65
- Type of hair loss is considered and the ones with pattern baldness considered to be ideal
- Assessment of severity of hair loss, the available amount of donor’s hair, and quality of donor’s hair
- Overall health condition of the patient should be good
Thus, a comparative study about PRP hair therapy vs. FUE hair transplant gives a clear picture of the pros and cons of each of the procedures. But it is always recommended to consult an expert in this regard who would make the right decision about which procedure would be ideally suited for an individual.
Combining FUE with PRP injections
After a comparative study of PRP hair therapy vs. FUE hair transplant, it is clear that both methods are quite efficient and effective in treating hair loss, hair thinning, as well as other associated problems. With the advancement of medical science and evidence from studies, it has been brought to light that a combination of FUE with PRP injections fetches far better results in this regard. Therefore, the doctors have started using a combination of FUE with PRP injections to provide better results to patients in the following ways.
- The combo treatment gives much better results where there is a higher degree of baldness
- The healing process is much quicker in getting the intended results
- The overall texture of hair, thickness, and quality is much better in the combination treatment
- Combining FUE with PRP injections is of great benefit to patients suffering from severe hair thinning.
Why choose Desmoderm skin and laser clinic?
Desmoderm is among the best skin and laser clinics for PRP treatment for hair, where all types of treatments are offered to treat all types of hair fall and give a smile on your face and a new outlook on your life. The main aim of the clinic is to provide quality healthcare services to all. Besides PRP hair treatment, they also provide many skin-lightening treatments, laser treatments, anti-ageing treatments, laser hair reduction, skin dermatology surgeries, hair transplants, and many more.
At Desmoderm, everyone can be assured of getting the right information about PRP hair therapy vs. FUE hair transplant. Desmoderm believes in making the patient completely aware of the treatment procedures and offers them the most suitable treatment options to their complete satisfaction. The clinic has adequately trained and vastly experienced surgeons whom you can trust to get the best possible FUE hair transplant as well as PRP hair treatment in Delhi. So, if you feel the need for hair treatments, no other option would be as good as Desmoderm in this regard.
Reach out to us for further queries. Take care !!