Hair loss or baldness is one of the most prevalent issues at present. The progression rate significantly depends on genetic history, nutritional deficiencies, stress, frequent use of hair styling products, hard water use, etc. If left untreated for a longer duration, it may lead to permanent loss of hair follicles.
Hair transplant helps in hair regrowth in the bald areas of the scalp. There are several clinics promising to give great results. It is important to do research before deciding the right place for a hair transplant. Scroll down to acquire all the information that you may need before undergoing a hair transplant surgery.
Table of contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is Hair Transplant Treatment?
- How is it done?
- Benefits of Hair Transplant
- Recovery timeline
- Are there any side-effects associated with hair transplant treatment?
- Cost of Hair Transplant in Delhi NCR
What is Hair Transplant Treatment?
Hair transplant is a kind of surgical treatment that extracts hair follicles from the donor site and transfers it to the recipient site. Hair transplant is of the following types:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Advance FUE
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the primary method of hair restoration. It was first discovered in 1988 in Japan by Masumi Inaba. This is the type of hair transplant in which hair follicles taken individually from any part of the body with adequate hair growth to the recipient part of the scalp. This is usually done in men who suffer from male pattern baldness that occur in a classic horseshoe shape. The specialist uses micro punches to extract the hair follicles one by one and transfers them to the required region.
Follicular Unit Transplantation(FUT) – In this method, a strip of skin usually taken from the back of the scalp to extract the donor hair follicles. Once the follicles retrieved, they inserted into the incisions made on the donor site.
Advanced FUE – Advanced FUE is the hair transplant method, which comprises the FUE method and the PRP method. People with extreme baldness can go to this method, which helps to enhance both residual and transplanted hair follicles. The PRP therapy helps in stimulating the blood circulation in the scalp that further promotes hair growth.
How is it done?
- First of all, the specialist administers local anesthesia. This ensures that the patient is in comfort and feels no pain in the procedure.
- Individual hair follicles extracted with a tweezer-like instrument from the donor area.
- Thereafter, small incisions made with a sterilized needle in the area that needs treatment.
- Then the extracted hair follicles placed into these incisions.
- After the grafting, they use bandage/gauze to cover the area of treatment for 10-15 days.
- After administering local anesthesia and trimming the hair, the surgeon extracts a skin strip from the donor site.
- The hair follicles taken from the skin graft to prepare them for hair transplant.
- These hair follicles will be inserted in the recipient site of the scalp in a natural-looking pattern.
- Lastly, the scalp covered by bandages after applying the antiseptic.
Advanced FUE procedure is done with an innovative device designed mainly to improve the efficiency of the treatment and to increase the viability of graft with reduced scars and pain.
This technique combined with PRP Therapy to further facilitate the growth of new hair. PRP therapy done in the following steps:
- A small amount of blood taken from the patient’s body and put in a centrifuge for a certain time.
- The process of centrifugation causes the separation of blood into three layers – Platelet-rich plasma, Red Blood Cells, and Platelet-poor plasma.
- The Platelet-rich plasma is rich in platelets and other growth factors. Hence it is extracted and injected into the scalp.
- This helps in promoting hair growth from the transplanted hair follicles.
Benefits of Hair transplant
Some hair transplant benefits mentioned below:
- The hair transplant procedure is a permanent remedy for those having hair loss.
- It helps create a natural hairline and provide a texture that matches the natural hair of the person.
- It requires minimal maintenance as the transplanted hair functions like normal hair.
- After the treatment, the patient doesn’t need any special products.
- Finally, the latest FUE method has better cosmetic results as it gives minimal scarring.
What is the Hair Transplant Recovery timeline?
The exact recovery timeline varies with different individuals. Most of the patients can get back to work within 3-4 days after the procedure. However, the results may take 6-10 months to be visible after the procedure. People will need to use saline sprays for 2-3 days post-procedure and take medications prescribed by the specialist.
Are there any side effects associated with treatment?
Hair transplantation is a very safe treatment modality for hair regrowth. However, minor side effects in some patients may be seen, which are temporary and can be treated.
- Slight pain in the scalp
- Itchiness in the area of surgery
- Inflammation of hair follicle
- Loss of sensation in the surgical area
- Visibility of thin hairs that do not match with the rest of the hairs
- Mild dizziness after the surgery
You will need your doctor’s consultation if the symptoms persist for a long time.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Delhi NCR
On average, the cost of a hair transplant in Delhi ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 2 Lacs. The price varies with the number of grafts, harvesting site, the expertise of the surgeon, etc.
We have taken you through every detail related to hair transplant in Delhi. The best hair transplant clinics in Delhi provide quality healthcare services with advanced techniques and have the best doctors at their job. With their consistent world-class results, they are sure to provide you the best hair restorative services.
- PRP For Hair Loss
- Thing Considering While Choosing Hair Transplant Surgeon
- Hair Transplant Myths And Facts
- Pre And Post Hair Transplant Care
- Hair Transplant
- Fue Hair Transplant Procedure Benefits Recovery Cost
- PRP Hair Treatment Success rate does it Work For Hair Loss
- Before And After Hair Transplant Step by Step Situations
- Before And After Hair Transplant Step by Step Situation
- Pain After Hair Transplant
- Why People Choosing HIFU Treatment Over Botox Filler